This tutorial will show you how to transfer files to your 3DS/2DS via FTP.
WARNING: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Deleting or changing files not in this page may brick your system. When in doubt, ask for help.
FTPD: [B] – Exit App
Setting up FTPD on your 3DS
- Turn on your Wi-Fi.
- Go to your Homebrew folder and open the app FTPD.
- In the top right of the screen is your 3DS ip address, it’s displayed in blue. 192.168.xx.237 is the ip address and 5000 is the port number. Remember those numbers.
- Leave 3DS/2DS on, next is setting up winSCP on your PC.
Setting up winSCP on your PC
- Click on New Site
- File protocal: FTP, Encryption: No encryption
Host name: 192.168.xx.237, Port number: 5000
[x] Anonymous login
- Click Save, and name it whatever you like. After, click the login button.
Transferring files to your 3DS
In winSCP, you will 2 split screens, the left is your directory on your desktop, the right screen is the directory on your 3DS.
- On the right screen (3DS directory), go inside the CIA folder.
- On the left screen, find the CIA file you want to transfer, and simply click and drag it to the CIA folder on the right screen. This method works the same if you want to transfer from 3DS to PC.
- This will take some time depending on the size of the file you are transferring.
- When you are don transferring files, simply press the [B] button on your 3DS to close the app.
Follow our guide on how to Install game CIA files to 3DS/2DS.