This tutorial will show how to use WinHiip program to transfer, edit, and delete games inside a hard drive used with the Playstation 2.
Programs or Files Needed
- IDE to USB Adapter
- WinHIIP 1.7.6 (download)
- FreeMcBoot (memory card)
NAVIGATION BUTTONS: Not available
Connect hard drive to computer
Depending on the IDE to USB cable you have, after connecting the 4pin power cable and ide cable to the hard drive, you may need to power on the hard drive via a power switch or button on the IDE adapter. When you connect USB to your computer, your HDD will be detected, but unlike a USB or portable drive, it will not be browsable.
Transfer/delete with WinHIIP 1.7.6
- Run WinHiip as Administrator.
- Click SELECT DRIVE and select your PS2 hard drive.
- Click SELECT IMAGE to add game ISO or BIN file to the hard drive. After adding games press START. Note: If you only added 1 game, it will let you edit game attributes like title. If you added more than 1, you will still be able to edit after the games have been added to your HDD.
- Once transfer is done, the game has been successfully been transferred to your HDD.
- To edit game attributes on your hard drive, you can select EDIT IMAGE SETTINGS.
- To delete games from HDD, select REMOVE IMAGES, use the check boxes on the left to remove multiple games from HDD.
- Once you’re done, safely remove hard drive via Windows, and connect HDD to Playstation 2.