This tutorial will show you how to backup physical game carts to your 3DS/2DS. No need to carry around carts anymore with this tutorial.
WARNING: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Deleting or changing files not in this page may brick your system. When in doubt, ask for help.
NAVIGATION BUTTONS: [A] – select • [B] – go back • [START] – to reboot system
Programs or Files Needed
Backing Up 3DS Game
- With the power off, hold [START] and press POWER, and it should show GODMODE9 logo. It will also ask for RTC DATE&TIME, select NO. If you select YES, just put anytime you want, it resets when the system reboots.
- Insert game cart, and in the menu and select
- Select the file that ends in
.trim.3dsand press [A]
- In the bottom screen select NCSD IMAGE OPTIONS, after select BUILD CIA FROM FILE. After you should see a progress bar of the game dump.
- After game dump is finished, press [A] to continue.
- If you need to dump more game carts, press [B] until you go back to the main menu and repeat steps 2-4, otherwise just press [START] to reboot the 3DS/2DS.
Installing the 3DS CIA File
- Open FBI and go to
SD > GM9 > OUT, and install the
.trim.ciafile. WARNING: do not delete any files in the OUT directory other than the
trim.ciafiles (game dump). Deleting the wrong files will cause your 3DS/2DS to brick (not work).
- After the progress bar is complete, press [A] to continue to the FBI main menu.
- After installing
trim.ciafiles press [HOME] on your 3ds and after a few seconds it should give you the “NEW SOFTWARE HAS BEEN ADDED” message.